When: Saturday 30 March 2019 (tracksuit tops) & Sunday 31 March 2019 (tracksuit bottoms)
10am - 5pm (Sat)
10am - 4pm (Sun)
Where: Shoreditch Town Hall, Old Street, London
Price: £115 per day
To celebrate dressed. coming to Shoreditch Town Hall, Lydia Higginson of Made My Wardrobe will be teaching two workshops alongside the performances.
dressed. is about the power clothes have to liberate us, so when the cast first started rehearsing Lydia decided to sew each member of the cast a custom rehearsal tracksuit made of beautiful soft cashmere fabric. The cast felt so right in these outfits they ended up using this same design for costumes at the beginning of the show. You now have the chance to put your own spin on that design and learn how to make a bespoke tracksuit.
The workshop is split across two days. On Saturday you will learn how to make a comfortable tracksuit top and on Sunday we will be covering tracksuit trousers. You can choose to do one or both of the workshops. Lydia will provide a range of luxury ethical and sustainable fabric to choose from and you will be sewing on her incredible fleet of domestic and overlocker sewing machines. At the end of the workshop you will go away with a beautiful garment (or two) plus the knowledge and skills to make many more.
This workshop is open to anyone who wants to learn to sew, if you have some experience that is great but if you are new to it don’t be afraid to join us.
What will be covered:
• How to trace a pattern and make small fit amendments where necessary
• Preparation and cutting of fabric
• A step by step construction guide
• Demonstrations of how to use domestic and overlocker sewing machines
• Top tips for getting a professional finish
What will be provided:
• A tracksuit pattern in a range of sizes from small to large
• Domestic and overlocker sewing machines
• Scissors, rulers, pins and needles
• A range of fabric and thread
• A step by step guide
• Tea, coffee and treats!
What you’ll need to bring:
• A notepad if you would like to jot down some notes
Click here to book:
Please Note: Workshops are non-refundable so please only book if you can attend